Know Before You Go
what to expect after you book your stay
Once you confirm your stay at Villa Destino, we will be in touch with you with more information to help you plan your trip. You will find information on getting to the island, car rental companies, things to do and restaurants on this site, but we are happy to provide any additional information or recommendations before your arrival. Approximately 10 days before your arrival, our property manager, Karen, will contact you to get your arrival information and arrange to meet you and take you to the Villa.
upon your arrival
Once you arrive on the island, Karen, will meet you at your rental car company and escort you to the Villa. There she will get you acquainted with the Villa amenities and ensure you have everything you need during your stay. She will also be available during your stay if you have questions or need any assistance. Karen is a long-time resident of Vieques and can provide lots of additional insights to help you make the most of your vacation.
The day before your departure, Karen will contact you to arrange a check out time. She will meet you at the Villa before you leave to collect the keys and check you out.
things to know before you go
1. Rent a car. You will want your own wheels when coming to Vieques, regardless of where you stay. A list of rental car companies is located in the About Vieques section on this website (Getting Here). We recommend you secure your rental car right away as cars sell out during the high season.
2. Book your flight to arrive in San Juan by 3:30 if you want to get to Vieques the same day and for the return to depart no earlier than 11 am unless you wish to spend the night in San Juan. There are 3 ways you can get to the Island from San Juan and those are listed in the Getting Here section of this website.
3. If you plan to visit the Bioluminescent Bay (and we strongly recommend you do) you'll want to be here on a moonless or cloudy night. Check out the moon schedule for Vieques and then book your trip with one of the providers before you arrive or early on your trip.
4. Pack light - you won't need much more than your swimming suit and casual clothing. Remember your sunscreen and bring bug spray if you plan to visit Green beach, as the no see ums are very bad at dusk.
5. Get a copy of the Vieques Insider magazine when you arrive - you can find one at rental car companies, shops, etc. You will find everything you need there, including restaurants, tours, shopping. Here's a link to the most recent edition that is available online: www.viequesinsider.com.
Like us on Facebook and post photos and experiences on our page about your stay in Vieques. We'd love for you to share your favorite beaches, restaurants and things to do in Vieques for future guests.